Sunday, March 18, 2012

D-Star Radio Problems..

Another blog about HAM Radio makes you go 'ugh'?

I hope not I'll be offering up tips and ideas and pitfalls I've tumbled into with radio.

Today I discovered or finally discovered a problem that had been plaguing my Icom IC/ID-V82 the symptoms appeared as though I had a battery (NiCd) failing to hold a charge, but instead it wasn't making good contact on the upper connectors on the handset itself.

There are two spring connectors on the upper part of the back of the handset, the one on the left had compressed in and wasn't making good contact. Here I though I had a battery problem, but closer examination it was merely a poor connection.

I'm usually on KF6RAL, but the gateway is currently down internet access has been removed and the repeater site is on a mountain still covered with snow, or you can find me on REF001C with my DVAP.

de K7KHA

No comments:

Post a Comment